As a lawyer, you (will) negotiate every day. From the early morning client call to appearing before the judge, from deciding the case strategy with your client to settling a case with the opposite party, from convincing the opposing counsel to agree on a timeline in arbitration to deciding indemnity clauses, shareholder’s rights, lease terms, fees and infinite other jobs a lawyer is engaged in. Professionals across the legal spectrum negotiate their way all day, everyday.
Yet only a few of us have been taught how to do it, let alone do it well!
This is your chance to stand out!
After the great success of our launch
we are announcing the
The Master Negotiator Course is a fully online, pioneer negotiation training certification that covers all of the important skills and concepts for lawyers and law students as they would be taught in a full semester negotiation course at a top US or European law school.
The course is led by a Harvard Law School Negotiation Project graduate and supported by over a dozen leading international practitioners. It combines over 150 video lectures, including more than 60 expert interviews, 200 quiz questions, 4 negotiation cases, debrief videos, forums, certificates, internship rewards and more.
How will you benefit
- Concise, practical and fun video lectures will help you quickly grasp the core concepts of negotiation strategy and how to apply it in the legal context
- Interviews with leading practitioners from around the world about their negotiation experiences will give you international practical exposure to real life application of the skills taught
- Practical negotiation exercises will challenge you to apply and practice the newly acquired knowledge with colleagues online or offline
- Peer exercises, quizzes, case studies and reflection papers add interaction and immediate feedback to your learning
- Dedicated forums will help you exchange and discuss ideas and questions with a negotiator community from around the world (participants from the US, UK, Europe, Africa etc.)
The lead trainer is Dr. Claudia Winkler. Claudia is a graduate from the Harvard Negotiation Program and an Austrian lawyer who has trained thousands of lawyers, entrepreneurs, judges, public defenders and students throughout the world, including the US, Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia. Her latest training engagements included tier one firms in India such as Trilegal, Khaitan, Luthra & Luthra, Platinum Partners, Phoenix Legal and ELP.
[“Meet the Trainer” – Hear what international experts say about Claudia Winkler]
- Time commitment: 2-4 hours a week (flexible)
- Duration: 3-4 months (flexible)
- Access: 12 months from the start date
- Certificate of completion: Pass mark of 45% in all quizzes
- Registration deadline: 16 April 2018, midnight CET (no extensions)
- Course start: 17 April 2018
- Course structure and sign up
- For frequently asked questions see the FAQs here
Perks and Rewards
- Certificate of Completion for completing the course within 1 year
- Certificate of Excellence for the top 10% of the batch
- Top achiever internship opportunities with top Indian law firms (eg. Phoenix Legal) and the Academy
What Industry Experts say
Business and legal negotiations today are increasingly based more on science than art, and involve situations that may sometimes be straightforward and just as often may be complex, international, and cross-cultural. In 2018, one can count on one hand the number of people with the knowledge and experience to provide effective, practical training that covers all of these shades of negotiation. Claudia Winkler is unquestionably one of them. When she has conducted training for our company, the feedback has been uniformly phenomenal, with some of the participants noting that it was the best training they had ever taken in any subject, ever.
Global Chief Litigation Counsel, General Electric
I can’t overemphasize the relevance of Dr. Winkler’s training for 21st century law practice. Negotiation and client communication skills are no longer a luxury but an absolute must. Her practical and client-centered approach strikes exactly where every lawyer must learn to bridge their legal expertise with their client focus to achieve excellent results.
Mohit Saraf, Senior Partner
Luthra & Luthra
Good negotiation skills not only allow you to enhance your capabilities as lawyer but also ensure high standards of work product and delivery that your clients expect from you. Claudia’s knowledge and expertise in this field make her workshops insightful, interactive and useful.
Aimi Hodiwala- Rale, Head- Knowledge Management
Claudia’s negotiation training was an exhilarating and enriching experience. The case studies were very well drafted and unique. They made me think through and dive deep in to the subject. It showed how knowing the core framework for interest based negotiation along with the little negotiation secrets can make a long lasting difference in your everyday success.
Swati Joshi, Assistant Manager – Legal
Fidelity Business Services India Pvt. Ltd.
Drafting and research skills make a good lawyer, but the art of negotiations coupled with them is what make a great lawyer! The master class with Claudia and The Negotiation Academy gave me a detailed insight on this art of negotiation and the specific skillsets which I need to sharpen to become a good negotiator. The insightful interactive discussions interspersed with practical exercises, made a brilliant workshop!
Divaspati Singh, Partner
Khaitan & Co